Open End RPP Steel
Open End RPP Steel is a high performance belt constructed with EPDM rubber and high strength steel reinforcement for use in bi- directional, heavy load applications.
RPP Steel withstands chemically aggressive environments, provides a great abrasion and superior wear resistance and an extended range of working temperatures.
RPP Steel is designed around the well-known RPP profile, in order to assure the interchangeability on existing drives and pulleys. The belt has very limited elongation compared to equivalent versions with glass or aramid cord.
01 / BODY
The body is made of high quality EPDM compound.
02 / CORD
The reinforcement is achieved by means of multiple strands of high-strength, high-modulus steel cords with “S” and “Z” torsions.
These are vulcanised into one homogenous unit within the EPDM.
03 / COVER
Nylon fabric covers the teeth surface, protecting it.
Mechanical and chemical properties
- maximum traction load capacity
- great abrasion and tooth shear resistance
- no elongation in time
- high level of resistance to flex fatigue
- good resistance to chemically aggressive environments (ozone, UV)
- suitable for application with back idler
- RPP Steel belt working temperature -25°C/+80°C